02 August 2012

Why do I love Filofaxes?

I know that people NEVER understand the whole love for Filofaxes, and never get why I buy so many or love to look at it and feel it, well here are my reasons why, and oh there are lots more reasons this is just a few off the top of my head!

1. How beautiful they look and feel 

Untitled

This is my New Compact Regency, I really am in love with her, the nobles on her leather, but how smooth it is, oh she is just a dream, the inside layout is just amazing, it has everything I need, she is just oh so perfect.

I love to feel the leather as it is just so soft but lumpy at the same time, I am really in love with her. I love to smell the spine down the hole where the rings are, just smells like a shoe shop (remember when you were little and you went to get new school shoes and all you could smell was a luscious smell of leather, well that's how she smells)

2. Tab's and Dividers 

Untitled

I love how you can make it your own, have as many or as little tabs as you like, you can make your own you can use standard ones you can use stick on Avery tabs, the possibilities are actually endless! It just makes it so free and customisable so you can have EVERYTHING you need with you at all times!

3.Diary 

Untitled

You can have your whole diary and have any format you require, you don't have to be stuck to one format for a year you can change as MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE! You never have to be stuck with something for a whole year if it doesn't work for you, you just take it out and put in a new one! If you are feeling really adventurous you can EVEN make your own diary and print it off! Not one person has to have the same Filofax, it is all so different!

4. Planning 

Untitled

You can plan and plan until your little heart is content, you can put EVERYTHING down on paper, you can print off bits of a travel plan hole punch it, fold it and put it your Filofax, you can use it as a travel organiser, a meetings organiser, a blog planner, you can use it for EVERYTHING you do, I make pages for different things I need to plan as I go along, or I look for old pages that people have any use them to my advantage, I love to plan everything to the smallest detail on paper, in my diary where it is safe and I know where it is, I never need to worry about it loosing power! IT IS ALWAYS ON!

5. Keeping Track of Things

Untitled

I keep Track of so much in my Filofax, but I love how it doesn't matter if you miss something you can go back to it and fill it out at a later date, the data base wont close down, power cuts wont affect it, it will stay there until the ends of time (unless you use Frixion pens like me and then it will eventually evaporate). But it is the one thing I always go too.

And those are some reasons why I love to use a Filofax, I would recomend them to anyone I would sell them to the world, I will make it so that every person has to own one on their 18th birthday if I could, they can help you out so much with your lives. So everyone go out and buy one today! eBay has so many bargains, just go out and make it your own and have the best Filofax Life you can!!!

Ever since the day I started using a Filofax I have never been able to turn back.

I LOVE YOU FILOFAX!!! 

I don't know what I could do without you!!!!

So why do you love Filofaxes????  Comment below....
signature1

10 comments:

  1. Love your post Imy! The 'never losing battery power thing' is close to my heart as you well know. As a long time CyberLord, I of course embrace all things technological - except organisation! (Do we have a date at Dodo Towers tomorrow? I think we do!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my first filofax yeasterday (a5 Malden in Vintage Pink) and I'm in love already. It keeps me organized, it gives me kind of a hobby (like with setting it up, making own dividers, and making it look nice), and just the whole look, smell and feel of it is amazing. You suddenly feel so accomplished, and you know that you will never be doubble-booked, or forget some engagement ever again :)

    Love your videos and blog btw! You were totally the one that got me into filofaxes :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose I love them mostly for practical reasons, but there is no denying their aesthetic appeal, too. When you talk about having everything you need with you at all times, you're spot on. I think that if I'm going to carry my life around with me it ought to be in a nice container.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I really do love them because of their feel, the look, the smell of the leather, the way they make me want to write in it, to take them in my hands and enjoy them...
    The Compact Regency it marvellous - I ordered one, also in Brown from CO two days ago. Hope it will arrive soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on flexibility being the main reason why I love Filos... I can never stick closely to one diary format and want all sorts of things close with me, and Filo allows me to do just that.

    And there's something so special about pen and paper that technology will never be able to duplicate...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Despite my recent upgrade to a Samsung S2 I know my life isn't organised on a battery powered thing but by pen and paper. And the physical feel of that thing might as well be pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. William Morris said that you should not have anything in your house that you do not beleive to be either useful or beautiful... And of course filofaxes are both!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My new Filofax arrived this morning. Filofax, London 2012. Sad that it came Royal Mail and Australia Post in a padded envelope. I would have been a lot happier and much more impressed if it had come in a box. Still, it's here and intact so no complaints, really. Looking forward to reading some of the mountain of information about the Olympics inside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've hit the nail on the head with "Not one person has to have the same Filofax, it is all so different!" Aside from those boring people who just buy a Filo and use it as is, right off the shelf, no two are the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Filofaxes are a thing of beauty and before I came across one of your videos on YouTube I (appreciate rather stupidly) thought it was just me! Can't wait to get my new a5 tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete