14 November 2012

How I am making the Midori Traveler's Notebook Diary work for me!

I have started to use the Midori full time now, and I love it to pieces  I love how old it looks, how used, but I love most how the inserts work! It just feels absolutely amazing when it is in your hand, and there is no rings to come apart, I cannot really see anything that could go wrong with it other than an elastic breakage!

I created a Youtube video on Monday showing the "basics" of how a Midori works, I tried my hardest as showing you how to remove and add inserts was very difficult! Take a look...


This just really shows you how you put inserts in, what inserts I have and a brief showing of what they look like inside!

I wanted to show you how I am making my Midori's diary work for me, as I have been using it for 2 and a half weeks now I thought it was time to show you the little things I have used to make it work to its best standard for me!

Here is the obligatory picture of the outside which most of my posts seem to start with..

Untitled

The pen on the cover is a Frixion 0.5mm clicker, it has blue ink in but I wanted a pink barrel, as I am cute.

Untitled

My book mark charm as it makes me feel happy!

I will show you my current week diary from Sunday when it was empty and only had a few different things on and show you how after two days it has changed!

Sunday:

Untitled

As you can see, not much going on!

Untitled

From this morning! It looks so much busier! (No I am not going to Exeter, cannot afford it nor get the afternoon off work)

As you notice I have included a lot of stamps, now I shall explain as to why the stamps are there....

Untitled

The cute little teddy holding balloons and the dots surrounding him is to show my overtime, to make it a bit more fun and happy!

The Bird with the trail and small flower is to show when I am car sharing with my boyfriend or father!

Untitled

The little cat in the basket is to write in when I watch a TV programme which I usually watch, if it is isn't written down in the diary then that means it must be caught up on using 4OD or BBC iPlayer. I do not really watch much TV, I usually just put a Family Guy box set on and just listen really.

You can also see how I have filled out the box with overtime in has been filled out! I did 30 minutes! I know that does not seem like a lot but all added up at the end builds up! YAY!

The little face teddy kind of is a mood thing, if I am happy I use one of the happy ones, or if I am not I use one with a different mood.

If you noticed I have the Overtime stamp in EVERY DAY! Because I want Christmas off work!

Untitled

Another thing you can see I do is use cute stickers to make life seem a bit more fun! And on quieter days I use some washi tape or something to brighten up the day a little.

On the side of every page you can see a little pink heart that is counting down until CHRISTMAS! How exciting and motivating is that!

You can see I also try to record when I fill up with PETROL!

Untitled

To remember TV programmes which are on (I do not look at the TV Times) I use arrows pointing Left! No idea as to why left but they always have to point left for TV.

Untitled

An arrow pointing right usually means it is something to do with blogging or other things, but an arrow with anything else written on will always point right! I am strange I know!

Untitled 

I also use Washi Tape to mark important things, at the top you can see it is only 6 week until Christmas this week (I think it is).

Untitled

I also try to record as much information in it as possible, the paper delivery company didn't deliver the papers one day! tut tut.

I also put my Eden stickers in whenever I go, which will be a lot now as Ice Skating is back on!

That was how I organise my diary! I hope you enjoyed it!

14 comments:

  1. i tuoi post sono sempre belli <3
    hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just ordered a load of Midori stuff after watching your video. I blame you for this month's credit card bill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Imy, been following your blog for a while now, love it !
    Could you please tell me where you got your gorgeous book mark charm, I sooo want one of those,thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Imy! Thanks for the great video and thorough post with pics. I've just ordered one of these and am excited for it to arrive so I can start using and customizing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you are enjoying your Midori.

    I too no longer use my filofax for diary purposes. When I did have my diary in there, I never had the need to reorder or remove pages (as obviously a diary is chronological). Instead for 2012 I've been using a custom A5 diary that I made. I bound it using the Fellowes Comb binding system.

    For 2013 though, I intend to bind it like a proper notebook (plenty of tutorials on youtube on how to do it).

    I use a Filofax Flex to hold my home-made diary on one side and an A5 Flex notebook on the other. I only use the notebook for work purposes, but the diary contains both personal and work tasks and appointments.

    I do still use the Filofax (Personal Size Hampshire) for random notes and for making lists.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Imy, Ive fallen in love with those speech bubble stamps with the teddy bear holding the balloons! I cant find any online. Would you mind telling me where you purchased them from? There ideal for a filofax! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh! Those calendar inserts are awesome! Where are they from? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Journal Shop :) They sell lots of Midori inserts there xxx

      Delete